Request an Appointment
We have appointment times available as soon as the next day. Click below to submit an appointment request.
Skin brachytherapy is a type of radiation therapy that uses HDR (high dose radiation) to treat basal cell and squamous cell skin cancers. This non-surgical and non-invasive treatment is specific to each patient’s needs. During the procedure, a radioactive seed is placed in a special plastic applicator, which is then laid over the treatment area for five to 10 minutes.
Benefits of HDR brachytherapy include:
- Less injury to healthy, surrounding tissue
- Successful functional recovery
- Short treatment times
- Possible avoidance of reconstructive surgery
Skin brachytherapy is a suitable treatment for:
- Skin cancers not completely removed by surgery
- Avoiding surgical scars
- Treating areas of the body that may become disfigured