How do you know what to do and how to live to prevent cancer? We have all heard of commercials about “magic pills and potions” that claim to treat your cancer or protect you from cancer, but are they real? What is the evidence? What should you eat once you have cancer? That is why the nutrition team at Orlando Health UF Health Cancer Center is dedicated to providing optimal nutritional education for patients, family members and our community.
Nutrition education is provided by registered, licensed dietitians. As dietitians, we work with the medical team to support patients before, during and after treatment.
Our services include:
- Meal plans tailored to each patient based on his or her needs
- Education on healthy eating for cancer prevention
- Providing detailed information on vitamins minerals and herbal supplements
- Management of side effects relating to treatment
- Arranging tube feeding for temporary nutritional support during treatment
- Continued follow up visits for healthy living after treatment.
Visits with a dietitian are complementary to patients of the Cancer Center and regular follow up appointments are encouraged. Good nutrition plays a significant role in the recovery process.
If you would like to schedule an appointment with one of our registered dieticians, please ask your cancer care team for a referral.
Additional Online Resources
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- The Oley Foundation
- Nestlé Health Science
- National Cancer Institute
Free NOURISH Recipe Collection from the Editors of EatingWell
This recipe collection provides vibrant, healthy recipes for cancer treatment and recovery.
Complete the form below, to get your free NOURISH Recipe Collection from the Editors of EatingWell. You can also visit our content hub for quick access to recipes.