Breast Cancer Survivorship Clinic
Surviving breast cancer takes strength, and each survivor is part of a dedicated, driven and determined group. Though adjusting to daily life after breast cancer might be simple for some, others may need additional support. That's why Orlando Health UF Health Cancer Center is proud to introduce the Survivorship Clinic, a follow-up program for cancer survivors.
The Survivorship Clinic is designed to make your transition from treatment to daily life more comfortable while offering consistent, high-quality care. This follow-up program provides care to patients who have survived cancer, are in long-term therapy to prevent cancer from coming back or those at high risk of developing breast cancer.
Together with our Cancer Center specialists, the Survivorship Clinic care team develops a personalized care plan for each patient’s ongoing healthcare needs. This plan incorporates communication from a healthcare provider with specific services designed for breast cancer survivors.
- Reviewing recent medical history
- Performing a physical examination
- Screening for cancer recurrence or new cancer diagnosis
- Identifying and helping survivors manage side effects of cancer and treatment
- Providing education and referrals related to cancer screening examinations and healthy behaviors that can reduce cancer risk
The Survivorship Clinic specializes in identifying and treating side effects following cancer diagnosis and treatment. Side effects and symptoms may include:
- Increased risk for other cancers
- Heart problems
- Low bone mass
- Hot flashes
- Physical changes
For more information about the Survivorship Clinic or to schedule an appointment, call 321.843.8370.